Sunday, April 10, 2011

Pray with all energy of Heart

   If I could get out just one message, or teach someone something that could change their lives I would most definitely teach the significance of PRAYER. Yes, I would love to teach people of God and Jesus Christ, don't get me wrong, but prayer is our connection with God, and is the only true way to gain a witness of their reality or divinity.
   In our church, some young men are the ones who bless the sacrament (or eucharist, or Lord's supper, or communion some faiths might call it). I was one of those young men before I served my mission. As I got older, other young men started to bless the sacrament and would look to me for advice and help on how to do it. My first advice was ALWAYS to remember that the blessing is a prayer, and prayer is a conversation with someone- GOD. When you pray, you are talking to an actual being! You aren't talking to the air, or saying something that only sounds nice to the people who hear the prayer- you are talking with God.
   I remember the times when the young men and I really prayed to God, and not just recited a prayer. The Holy Spirit was SO strong! We KNEW God heard us, because we were sincere and we were talking with Him with full purpose of heart. God's power was evident and we were blessed.
   I know this is the case for all who pray to God, remember He's a person, and talking with him, not preaching a sermon to Him- they will be strengthened and enlightened by His spirit. So, to you readers out there, the next time you pray remember that and you will really talk with God! He will answer your prayers, and it will change your life. You will find you are closer to God than ever.

   "36. Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and withersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.
   "37. Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day."
   -Alma 37:32-43
 

No comments:

Post a Comment