Wednesday, May 4, 2011

How To Maintain A Positive Attitude

   Every morning I try to think of some things I am grateful for. The new day. A good night's rest. Maybe the fact I'm no longer getting a bad night's rest. But whatever it is, I like to start off the day on a note of gratitude. Whenever I do that, it is easier to be happy and have a good day.
   Someone once told me the last thing they do before going to bed was think of a way God had touched their lives that day, that way they could end the day on a happy note. When we take a little time to be grateful for our blessings, it opens our eyes to heaven's view and uplifts us. When we are grateful, we recognize our blessings, and God gives us more. Even though we will still face challenges, we face them with positivity and optimism, and our days seems to go better.
   I for one am grateful for good friends and loving family. I am grateful for my knowledge of the restored Gospel. I am grateful for the experiences God has given me to help me, strengthen me, and feel of His love. I am grateful that when we make mistakes, God has given us a way to correct them and be forgiven. I am grateful for nature. I am grateful for my Savior, who marked the path so I can know how to return to my Father in Heaven. What kinds of things are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment