Thursday, June 16, 2011

Overcoming Feeling Overwhelmed

   Life can be overwhelming. Sometimes we just have a ton to do and not enough time to do it in. Sometimes things happen we don't understand. Sometimes we just don't know what we're doing!
   I think we've all struggled with that at some time or another- and if you haven't, knock on wood... even as missionaries we have those same struggles and feelings. I know I have on my mission. Recently I've learned some pretty cool ways to overcome feeling overwhelmed.
   I recently shared this discovery with some friends of mine: Sometimes life hits us like a river, and rather than trying to contain that river in a bucket, now I look at it as a river to swim in. Do I understand it all? No. But I don't have to. I just do all I can, and when the challenges are too big to conquer immediately- I just swim through it. I do all I can, and leave the rest to God.
   That's what I've learned to do, and it's helped a lot in my life recently. Just look at the good in the world, and don't worry about what you can't handle. Know that God will take care of you. He loves you, and if you turn to Him, it will all work out in the long run. Even if you can't see the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment