Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Epiphanies are great!

   I just love it when my mind completely blanks and I can't think what to say next and then something profound just pops out of my mouth. Have you ever had that happen?
   Just the other day I was trying to explain to someone what it was like to gain a spiritual witness of something. I couldn't quite find the words so I tried to think of something to compare it to. Before I could think of anything my mouth decided to go for it. So out came an explanation that it was like building trust in a friendship. At first you don't know how trustworthy they are, but over time, as you listen to what they say and see how well it works, you begin to trust them. Right? You don't just trust some stranger on the street, do you? Well, it's the same way with learning to trust the Holy Spirit. As I've gotten to know how the Spirit speaks to me and as I've follow the impressions he gives, I've gained trust in him. The Holy Ghost has never lied to me. The more I've become familiar with him, the more I've come to know he can't lie, and he's always right. I didn't just start trusting everything he said from the first. My trust and faith has grown as I've tried out what he's said, until it has grown to where it is now, and it keeps growing each and every day.
   Pretty cool, isn't it? I'd never thought about it like that before, so I'm glad my mouth ran in front of my mind this time. I learned something new!
   So for you readers out there, how have you learned to trust the Spirit?

1 comment:

  1. I've learned the most from the times that I DIDN'T listen and wished I had! I always think of those times, then trust the Spirit and what it is telling me!

    ReplyDelete